ESN Italy is the national network of ESN sections in Italy.
ESN Italy was founded on the 22nd of October 1994
by the 7 oldest sections in Italy (Siena, Parma, Pavia, Politecnico Milano, Trento, Bologna and Genova).
ESN Italy is made of more than 50 sections.
How we work ESN Italy is lead by a national board which is made of
President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary, National Representative, Communication Manager and Project Coordinator.
The board is also supporter by three committees and many board supporters.
ESN Italy has many board supporters, ESN volunteers who want to help the board with their skills.
Board supporters are active in the following fields of work:
• Communication team
• Video and photo makers
• National Youth Forum
• European Volunteer Service
• Erasmus in Schools
• IT helper
Having many sections and Erasmus students allows ESN Italy and it's sections to organize many national events.
Currently ESN Italy organizes three big events:
• ICE - Incontro Culturale Erasmus: 4 days in the capital of Italy, Rome, with 2,500 Erasmus students from all over Italy. 48 sections participated in the last edition. Treasure hunt in the city center, guided tour, video contest, free hugs! All this and more at ICE.
• EN - Evento Nazionale: the very well known Evento Nazionale is an event which brings together more than 2,000 students on the beaches near an Italian city, usually in the southern part of Italy.
• NEG - National Erasmus Games: up to 1,000 students will be able to participate in national sports competiotions.
Students will also be able to walk in the shoes of special needs students, having the chance to play wheelchair basketball and blind football.
Other "national" events during the year are:
• Crazy Countdown: a big party taking place in Milan in order to celebrate the New Year's Eve before everyone go home for winter holidays.
• ESN Carnival in Venice and Padova.
• ESNow: 4 days of skiing in the Alps.
• ESN Spring Break in Naples: a weekend in one of the most culturally rich and diverse Italian cities, visiting museums, surroundings and eating great food.
ESN ITALIA website: www.esnitalia.org
ESN Italia Facebook Fan Page